Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thoughts

Five. Phone. Pick. Vicarious Viking.

God. I really screwed it up. I am just now realizing my shit-crap mistake. Usually I remember mistakes and shudder, smile, roll my eyes, and pass on, but this mistake is too far-fetched for a traditional rememberance. I'm just too damn creepy. It could have happened. I need the courage. Honestly, I missed my quota. Ponder, lately.

Ok. I hope you have seen the new Pizza Hut commercial. The one about "the Edge". It makes me want to strangle someone, for instance the young child in question or the particular commercial writer. Yarg! Pizza is NOT about the toppings, adolescent fool! Pizza is about the crust. If you knew your pizza history, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Pizza evolved from an herbed flatbread thousands of years ago, a flatbread baked on the hearth, underneath the fire. The word 'focaccia,' (an Italian cornbread that is very similar to pizza) actually derives from a Latin stem that means ashcake. Before 1890, pizza was often a flatbread with with onions, anchovies, or tomatoes on top. Then Pizza Margherita was introduced in honor of Queen Margherita (not the alcoholic beverage). Pizza Margherita was topped with simply sliced tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese (for the first time ever)! The point of this tangent is that pizza is about the crust, not the toppings. Before one masters pizza, one must master the dough. Ponder, "herbed" is probably not a word.

Night you all.
Vosotros.
Hey, when in Spain!

4 comments:

  1. The greater the mistake, the greater the learning opportunity. Ponder, the last fifteen months of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I no longer eat at Donatos.
    Thank you Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.
    Lolz Donutz, got to sympathise wid you on hating that little fool.

    ReplyDelete