Monday, January 19, 2009

Tales of the Giraffe

They said it. What? They said it would snow. When? Tonight. How much? Four to six inches. No way. Yes, way. Wow.

My brain talks to itself, to keep itself in check. I think that my left and right brain have quarrels sometimes. I also think that I two consciences, like in cartoons, only the good conscience likes to abuse the bad conscience when it says bad things. Then again, I also hope that the ghost of that aboriginal living in my closet will get a job all ready (I hope you are reading this, Gerald). Ponder, infinitely.

Singing the blues is harder than it looks. Sometimes, when I have or want to sing the blues, I can't sing the blues because there ain't no blues to sing about. This makes capturing the blues hard. Some people who don't have the blues can just be like actors and act the blues, which isn't half bad. It's sort of like how if you get tomatoes from the store, they were ripened while they were shipped - so yes, they are fresh, sort of. But canned tomatoes are real ripe tomatoes, flash steamed and packaged. So I guess I prefer canned tomatoes, but always the best is the ones you would buy at your local farmers market.

I wake up to classical music every morning. Its soothing, the intricate polyphonies, the complex harmonies and rhythms and notation and instrumentation that goes into it all. Maybe not when thinking about classical it is so soothing. Jazz is more fun to listen - it truly is a language. Like if quoting a different musical piece or melody, like playing the theme song for jeopardy during Summertime. 

My wooden table is wobbling while I type, and it is unbearable. I don't know how I stand it. There are so many wobbly things in this world - new born giraffes, thin trees, old ladies -but  mostly new born giraffes. I think it would be interesting being a giraffe, having the tall legs and those funny looking things on my head. Perhaps I would have the most majestic things, and I would attract many females. They would say "look upon thee crowned nest of glory, tis his horn are glowing quite extrplendously tonight" and I would reply, "Indeed giraffettes, I have fantabulously grizzled sploops that I would that you would stroke." You see, this is the giraffe dialect, as they are most extraordinary creatures.

I just looked into my window - I think window reflections are the most magnificent reflection. You can look at yourself but also something else at the same time, removing some of the vanity of the mirror. Of course, then the reflection gets in the way of what you were really trying to see, and then you are just annoyed with your reflection. 

A haiku of sleep:
sleep, awesome mighty
tuck me into bed, tightly
and not so frightly

Bueno noche.

No comments:

Post a Comment