Sunday, May 10, 2009

Miles

Nutini, Barkley, Talking Heads, and 10K Maniacs.

Tonite, I write:

Love 
is like
a flower
it's beautiful and clean

Love
is like 
rain
heard but never seen

Life 
is like
a cage match
it's going to hurt in the morning

Life 
is like
road signs
Always the "danger! warning!"

XXXXXX

I hear that rain, pounding on the roof like a machine gun shooting a drumset. My fingers reek of cheap cheesy bread and greasy wings, my eyes red from pollen, my feet swollen from the morning's run. I roll into bed, throw the covers over my aching bones and turn out the light, reaching out to silence the lamp's loud rays. good night.

-------

Life isn't fair, so get used to it. 

ffjjjffjjffjjffjjffjjffjjffjj

Dear Pillow:

Many nights have passed
without you, alas:

my efforts of sleep have been fruitless
I have nightmares of whales and chocolate desks
Awakedness never leaves me
Sleep never receives me

O, But now! I found you upon my bead.
A big featherful rock to rest my head
Never again shall I go sleepless
Dear Pillow, God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. lol i think i have a new appreciation for pillows?
    i think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bit about rain makes me think of the song Machine Gun by Portishead.

    ReplyDelete