Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Real Book

An Otto Link, used tissues, scraps of paper, and an empty Coca-Cola.

Love Colossus:

When love
comes to town
don't look up
and don't look down

cause he don't wait
for no one at all
ain't "love" nobody
not big or not small

cause he lives on depression
thrives from failed expression
and then the succession 
of another profession

so if songs don't slow him
ain't nothing will
Love rules supreme
He lives and he kills

quitters never win
and cheaters never lose
winners never love
because all winners are fools

there are the few
who love is but a joke
just like free cookies
or fat-free coke

but love will win supreme
he always does anyways
he might look upon you
but if only for a day

Ponder, love supreme = saxophone colossus.

Not much to say. Should have gone to the party. Stuck at home on the computer, pretending that I have work to do. Instead, why don't I go out and have fun? She was there. Damn, never mind. But Buddy wasn't there, so he wouldn't have made any really awkward hints ("Ah, like ___ last night?" "No, Buddy, please - I only make love to fine women, not little boys. You wouldn't know"). 

What I look for in the Opposite Sex:
Physically:
Legs
Symmetrical face
good eyes
Slim
Hair doesn't matter
Skin doesn't matter
I'm like one-twentieth Swedish, so some Scandinavian lineage would be nice (no particular reason).

Mentally:
Nice, but also a little bitchy
Mature
Smart
Kind
Funny (because I am not)
Strong
Able to realise that the only place that I truly make sense is in my brain.
Ponder, single for life.







3 comments:

  1. Haha your list of wants in a girl is very slim compared to my requirements for a guy. I wrote them all out... It's got 64 points. I wrote it all out one day when I was like. "Hmm. Self? How come no one meets your standards these days? I only want someone who is...

    Physically attractive
    Intelligent
    loyal
    charismatic
    honest
    interesting
    mentally stable
    romantic
    sexy
    appreciative
    respectful
    funny
    brave
    humble
    has nice parents
    good cook
    independent
    optimistic
    open-minded
    hygenic (nice breath)
    paternal
    well-mannered
    talented writer OR musician
    great kisser
    non-blond
    flawless skin
    light eyes
    supportive
    jealous type, but not possessive
    charming
    atheist
    gives excellent advice
    intrigued by human nature
    inspiring
    selfless
    listens to good music
    LOVES sunny weather
    trets me well in front of his friends
    gives great hugs
    has a cell phone
    trusts me
    trustworthy
    loves kids
    proportionate to me physically
    makes me feel safe
    calming voice
    buys me flowers on v.day
    liked by my friends
    liked by my family
    smells good
    classy
    dresses well
    proud of me
    drives well
    plans for college
    self-secure
    doesnt try to be cute
    reads what i write, and LIKES it.
    loves my original music
    brings out the best in me
    never threatens me
    lets me photograph him
    takes me exciting places
    has a job"

    lol! So don't feel like you'll be single forever, Cameron. YOU aren't asking for 64 specific things. It is I who will be single forevermore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Carrie,
    I'm sure you will find lots of 63's.
    But you might have to settle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh, Cam.
    I could name a few girls that meet all of those!
    you'll find them.

    ReplyDelete