Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Paper:Rock::Sun:Moon

Ray-Ban Wayfarers, Cell Phone, and Volvo Sedan Car Keys.

Thinking of things
Don't throw things out of swing
A ding-a-ling sin
So don't betray your own kin
As in the kindle
the flame
the big fat name and the big fat game
that brings
a ding-a-ling
out of swing.

Another reason to shun organized sports. The yelling. What is with the yelling? Just because someone wants to practically scream a kidney into my face doesn't mean I want to go faster. "You can do it" is fine. "Finish tired" is even better. Or just tell me my damn split, and skip the politics. If I want to pass that guy, I will pass him. Jeez luweez! Ponder, four laps and sixteen hundreds yards.

It's almost like she doesn't even know. She probably knows - she has to know by now. It's been like a couple months since I told the first person. I just want to know what she thinks. Scratch that, I know she almost hates me. I just want to know if I can do anything about it. It's probably because I'm not funny. Sometimes I am. Sometimes I'm just awkward. Most of the time ignored. As I have said before, the words that come out of my mouth would be much more funny coming from anyone else. What ever. Ponder, ugh.

Yet another song for _ _ _ _

This one is called "Ballad for Marie"

This girl that I knew
She did bid me adieu
and her name was Marie

I met her one night
I said "dear you look fine"
That girl Marie, made me free

Pretty soon I was hooked
just one single look
could make my whole day

Marie was so good-lookin'
Made sure that life was cookin'
but good things, never last

O Marie
How easy it would be
to forget the things between us

O Marie
Was is you or was it me?
that caused all this angry fuss

As I wore thin
I knew it would end
As she moved on, I grew bitter

The blondes w/ blue eyes
don't go for quiet guys
just the ones who are bigger and quicker

End quota. I was inspired in part by the rhyming scheme of "Rocky Racoon" and sample part of the chord changes of "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay." Ponder, four songs.


4 comments:

  1. She knows...and has for a bit. And I feel like I've said this before but...dude, I'm in the same damn slow boat...headed for china. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hans, we need to band together and just give these girls one giant paper-mache finger.
    That is what I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky racoon is so awesome! I just got addicted.

    ReplyDelete